About Responsible Gambling Awareness Week
Responsible Gambling Awareness Week is held annually to raise awareness about the importance of gambling responsibly. The week is a partnership between the foundation and key contributors and local councils, the gaming industry and community groups.
Responsible gambling happens on three levels, the individual level, the group or organisation level and the community level.
At an individual level, responsible gambling is about knowing how to gamble responsible. It's about:
- knowing the odds and setting limits
- taking breaks
- walking away when it's no longer fun.
At an organisation or venue level, responsible gambling is about creating an environment where responsible gambling is enabled and encouraged by:
- separating gambling from other activities – particularly those involving children
- promoting responsible gambling to members, staff and visitors
- ensuring people who might be experiencing problem know there is help available.
At a community level, it's about making sure everyone knows what responsible gambling is and supporting that behaviour by:
- sharing responsibility for generating awareness of the risks
- being responsive to community concerns.
Many Ways to Help Conference 2016
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation invites you to a key event on the treatment and prevention of gambling-related harm.
The 2016 conference will focus on three streams:
- Treatment – Clinical interventions and projects for those experiencing gambling-related harm.
- Prevention – Public health approaches from across the gambling help sector in Victoria and beyond.
- New horizons – Ground-breaking current and future work in the digital and mobile environment.
The Many Ways to Help conference will bring together local, national and international speakers and delegates. The underlying theme of gambling-related harm will be addressed in a variety of formats; paper, presentations, workshops and panel debates.
The conference offers a platform for learning, insight and professional development for all practitioners working in the field.
We look forward to welcoming you to this unique event.